Internet Marketing - The Process of Converting Leads
Most real estate agents agree that the buying side of the transaction has moved online and is highly competitive. If you are not having success, review your current process and make the necessary changes based on the following key elements:
1. Web Registrations - marketing is a numbers game. The first step is to design a website that provides value to the consumer so they will register for your offer. The second is to generate sufficient traffic so that the percentages work in your favor (10% rule).
2. Lead Notification - Most consumers that are serious about working with an agent and register online, will work with the first responder (provided that the agent follows up appropriately). Therefore, you must have the option of calling a consumer within 3 minutes of registration. Your system must include a method of notifying you (easiest is text messaging) so that you can respond quickly.
3. Lead Qualification - When Realtors follow up leads they typically follow the "real estate agent script", of attempting to take control of the consumer. This approach will not work with an Internet buyer as they are in control and don't respond to the Realtor approach. Try a customer service response and you will have greater success.
4. Lead Management - Since 90% of web registrations are longer term and not immediately interested, you must have a database or CRM (Customer Resource Management) tool that will automate the follow up process. The system must include auto-responders, drip email, blast email, call prompting, activity plans and flexible database tools for target marketing.
5. Training and Support - The integration of technology into your business is an ongoing and evolving process. As an agent, you must maximize the value of your time and you can't get distracted by technology issues.
All five of these elements must be in place and followed to have conversion rates that provide an acceptable return on investment. If one of these elements is missing, then the process will not work efficiently.
A web registration should be viewed as a business opportunity that if followed up and responded to appropriately will become a lead. The lead can become a prospect and possibly a client which will lead to a transaction and hopefully an advocate for future business. Develop your business plan with these elements and concepts and your conversion rate will increase dramatically.
The Virtual Homes Internet Marketing System provides agents with a solution so that you can focus on listing and selling real estate.