Your Process to Jumpstart 2009
PRAXIS PLUS - Step 4
Praxis - a habitual or established practice. It's a formal action for improving yourself that you perform on a consistent basis.
In Step 1, we developed a list of business building activities in 8 different categories. Click here to see a list developed by one of our agents. In Step 2, you worked on planning activities to accomplish within the next 24 hours.
Your responsibility was to work on a 3 day schedule and accomplish those activities. Our process will continue to work on developing weekly and monthly schedules that will assist you in hitting your targets.
How did your 3 day schedule work out? Did you accomplish all your activities?
Did you have to reschedule activities or did you "cancel" them?
Praxis Plus is a process of learning to change the way you function in your business. In order to move to the next level, you must be able to manage (at minimum) a 3 day schedule. Today we explore some concepts that will make you more effective in managing a schedule.
Increasing your power sources will make you more effective. Learning to leverage your time and increasing your energy will make you more powerful.
Step 4 - Methods to Increase Your Power
- Planning - schedule daily and weekly activities, in writing, that you know can be successful. Is it the listing or buying side? Which segments of the market?
- Priorities - You have to understand what is important both in your personal and professional life. Schedule accordingly.
Market Segments to Focus on in this Market
Maximize the value of your time by taking action and completing activities that have the greatest likelihood for success (transactions). The following market segments have the greatest potential:
- Qualified, motivated buyers - focus on first-home, move-up and experienced investors. These are the buyers that are willing and able to take advantage of this market.
- Qualified, motivated sellers - the motivated sellers are move-ups, distress situations (divorce and probate), and REO (bank owned). In many markets, short sales are distraction and may not be worth the time and effort.
Inspiring Homebuyers to Take Advantage of this Market
Buyers are waiting on the sidelines for the market "bottom" and the "best" values. Utilize IM, text messaging, direct mail and blast email to communicate a "call to action". Mind mapping is a great graphical tool that "shows" them the benefits. Effective methods to change timelines:
- Offer incentives - consumers timelines change to take advantage of discounts, coupons, low rates
- Find "real deals" - alert your buyer to an exceptional value in the market place
- Provide education - home buying seminars, rent vs. buy analysis, tax benefits of home ownership. Work with lenders and accountants to communicate this information.
- Earn loyalty with service - follow up, stay in touch and provide added value to the process.
Your Responsibility - Step 4
Fill your weekly schedule with business building activities that focus on the market segments listed above. Plan properly by prioritizing your activities. Your target is to accomplish short term goals, plan for longer term activities and keep in balance with your personal and professional life.
In Step 5 we will discuss additional methods to increase your power by leveraging time and motivational techniques for increasing your energy.
Virtual Homes Copyright 2008, All Rights Reserved